The Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America presented its 2022 Construction Safety Excellence Awards at its annual convention in March, when final judging took place.
AGC ranks its members as commercial and industrial contractors who build high-quality, durable construction projects based on hours of labor. Winners are selected by a panel of five independent security professionals from the government, corporate and insurance sectors.
“Safety and health is the construction industry’s No. 1 priority, and it’s important that we recognize our member companies for their efforts to lead by example,” said Bob Lanham, association president. and president of Williams Brothers Construction Co. in Houston. . “These awards also give them the opportunity to share the innovative ideas they are implementing to keep safety at the forefront in the construction industry. This experience makes us all better, that’s the goal.
In the Specialty Division, six electrical contractors were recognized for their safety efforts:
- Faith Technologies, Menasha, Wis. — first in the category of more than 4 million working hours
- Helix Electric, San Diegoo — third in the over 4 million hours category
- JH Kelly, Vancouver, Wash. — second in the category 1.5 million to 4 million hours of work
- Lee Co., Franklin, Tenn. — first in the category 1.5 million to 4 million working hours
- Electrical Contractors of Marathon, Irondale, Ala. — third in the 1 million to 1.5 million hours category
- TD Industries, Dallas — second in the category of more than 4 million hours of work
See the full list of 2022 Construction Safety Excellence Award winners here.
The AGC Construction Safety Excellence Awards 2023 competition will open on October 3, 2022; the deadline for submission is December 15, 2022.